Monday, July 2, 2007

The teapot episode

I absolutely loathe the idea of blogging about work. However, this deserves an entry of its own simply because it shares a similarity with a household item - the teapot.

There I was, standing by the kitchen sink minding my own business, washing my teapot and cup when Mr Hobo shows up with an ant-infested plastic tub. With no acknowledgement or whatsoever, he starts soaping the plastic tub. Since I am bothered to even post about this, let's analyze the whole situation:

Interruption in my zen-like chore by failing to acknowledge my presence. The sink is only large enough for one. He bumps me off the sink and continues to wash his plastic tub. My teapot and cup remains half cleaned in the sink.

At this juncture, I decided to be a chicken and stormed back up to my desk, trying to maintain a peaceful outlook with bottled-up rage. It is absolutely unnecessary to pick a fight over a trivial matter like this especially at a work place.

An hour later, I caught him mandhandling a flat (but just as good, nonetheless!) doughnut out from a box and tossing it to the side of the box. He picked out a slightly puffier doughnut for himself instead.

I am not perfect. But I might just forgive him for some of us may have been born with lower innate emotional intelligence. The simplest solution is to bring this up to my immediate supervisor. Which I will!

No comments: